Sunday, September 11, 2011

{ These Days }

I don't want to forget these days.

I don't want to forget that getting up an hour earlier than usual--even though I'm not going to bed earlier--is totally worth it when I spend that hour reading the Word.

I don't want to forget that even when I don't feel like I "learned" much, when there wasn't a single verse to highlight, when it seems it was just groggy Nikki reading the Bible purely for the sake of reading the Bible, His Word never returns empty but always accomplishes the purposes God desires {Isaiah 55:11}. That extra hour in bed is always worth sacrificing for time with Jesus.

I don't want to forget the golden-edged sunlight of warm September days, balmy breezes in eveningtime and a hint of autumn in the air.

I don't want to forget how exciting it is to drink the first pumpkin spice latte of the season.

I don't want to forget how a bunch of lavender on the mantle scents our entire home.

I don't want to forget an amazing send-off from our home church: Everyone who is part of the new church plant came to the front of the auditorium, and the elders prayed for us and for the new church we're starting next Sunday.

if you know where to look, you can see half of me and Mike!

I don't want to forget how much we laugh at work--even in the midst of training a new employee.

I don't want to forget how sweet it is when I trust Mike and just rest in his leadership.

I don't want to forget the Holy Spirit's presence at our community group communion service.

I don't want to forget the laughter and food and fellowship of girls' night, from cheese and chocolate fondue to embarrassing stories to heartfelt conversations about Jesus and relationships.

I don't want to forget the joy of having friends over for dinner, life and laughter shared over good food.

I don't want to forget that these days--these ordinary, commonplace, unexciting days--are pure gift.

1 comment:

  1. Love. it. Love this glimpse into your day-to-day. Can almost smell the lavendar, taste the pumpkin spice latte (yum!) and feel the tranquility of those early mornings(or groggy-ness - which I totally relate to!) So many good and perfect gifts from above to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete