Monday, July 11, 2011

{ LuJo's Wedding }

Luke and Joanna, dear friends of ours, got married yesterday. It was a gorgeous day for an outdoor wedding, and their venue was stunning. Not to mention that I happen to have the hots for Groomsman #7, pictured below.


Yup. He's the bee's knees.


This wedding was so joyful, playful, full of Jesus, and so perfectly Luke-and-Joanna. It was also a lot of fun. The favors were brightly-colored shutter sunglasses {but in different shapes--hearts, stars, etc.} and a variety of different colors and shapes of mustaches and lips on sticks, all props for a photobooth. Throughout the evening, everyone had a lot of fun with the sunglasses and mustaches!




Travis and Krissy, who host our community group.


Friends Lizett and Renee.


The happy couple--Luke and Joanna.




Cupcakes instead of a cake! The little flags in their cupcakes are shaped like the states they are from: Arizona for Joanna, North Carolina for Luke.


I cannot even begin to explain to you the awesomeness of the dancing. I can't wait to see the professional photos...these folks love to dance! It truly did turn into a dance party that lasted 'til the bride and groom drove away!



Instead of a bouquet toss, there was a pinata for all the single ladies.


The house and part of the grounds near midnight, as we were cleaning up.

So the hubs and I are heading to Kauai on Wednesday, for 11 days of fun in the sun. We won't have internet access, but I've scheduled some posts while we're gone because I just had so much to say that I couldn't wait 'til we get back...had to get it out! ;-) Enjoy your summer--I'll be back in a couple weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Cuteness! So glad you guys had fun and enjoy enjoy enjoy that trip to Kauai! I'm jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding looks like it was fun.

    Have a great trip, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo of the sunset! Stunning! Have so much fun in Hawaii - wish I could stow away in your suitcase but I guess that would put a bit of a damper on your romantic holiday....

    ReplyDelete