Saturday, April 16, 2011

{ This Week: }

...we celebrated the first Sunday services in our new building, after 5+ years of renting an auditorium--which meant unpacking everything bright and early Sunday morning, and packing it all away on Sunday night. After 3.5 years of doing setup and teardown for the evening service, Mike and I are sooooo happy that our congregation is able to lease a building and occupy it 24/7! God is so gracious to us! Everything is nice and new, smells like fresh paint + new carpet, and best of all--there's room to grow!

...I'm looking {somewhat desperately} for a big mirror to hang on the living room wall. I have a picture of it in my head, but have yet to find it in real life. I'd like to find + purchase + hang this elusive mirror before my family arrives next Thursday, but alas, alack, the mirror eludeth yet.

...I'm loving the Pioneer Woman's lasagna! I've never made lasagna before, and it was not as difficult as I expected. I've also never cared much for lasagna 'til I tasted this one. I followed the recipe in her cookbook, but this one is almost exactly the same {she just uses dried herbs instead of fresh}.

...the Hubs and I watched "Toy Story 2." I've never seen the Toy Story movies before, and considering that I'm number 211 on the holds list for "Toy Story 3," it will be a looooong time before we finish the trilogy!

...I'm stocking up on movies from the library that were filmed in Kauai, in preparation for our trip this summer. Currently on the coffee table: "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" {an Elvis Presley flick...who knew he starred in several movies filmed in the Hawaiian islands?} and "Donovan's Reef," a John Wayne {!!!} movie that I'm really looking forward to. We've already watched "Six Days, Seven Nights" and "Blue Hawaii" {another Elvis movie}.

...I'm thankful that a couple of Saturdays ago, some girlfriends came over and we made fabric flowers together. It was a lovely mix of married + single + two baby girls, complete with PW's chicken tortilla soup and rhubarb bars. It was so much fun to share this easy, super satisfying craft with friends, plus get to open our home and enjoy fellowship. Wanna see a few specimens of our craftiness?




...my living basil plant has died. I bought it on Friday. The instructions couldn't have been simpler: Place in a cup with about one inch of water. Replace water as needed. Keep inside, do not plant outdoors. Pluck off leaves as needed. It looked wilty from day 2; utter death was apparent by Wednesday {day 5}.

...my mouth is watering over recipes for rosemary and garlic roasted salmon and shaved asparagus pizza. Oh, Tasty Kitchen, how though hast changed my life for the better {and my hips for the wider}!

...I am so excited about the progress the Hubs and I made in cleaning our second bedroom on Friday night! It's been the sorely-neglected Room of Horrors ever since we moved in, 21 months ago. In preparation for my parents and two of my brothers staying with us over Easter weekend, we're trying to make room for at least one air mattress on the floor. It's quite exhilarating to see patches of carpet I hadn't laid eyes on since approximately July 11, 2009!

...I'm looking for the best rhubarb recipes out there. Any suggestions? I love, love, love rhubarb and don't want to waste this precious vegetable/fruit/whatever-it-is.

...I'm savoring One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, a sweet little early birthday gift. I started reading it while getting a pedicure after work earlier this week. As I knew it would be...{the book, not the pedicure}...amazing.

...I'm savoring the last few days of being 27. I realized awhile back that I'm going to be in my 30's for 3.5 years while Mike is in his 20's. Big, fat dislike. Hubs being younger than me doesn't bother me; me turning, say, 32 while he's 28, does!

...I'm really looking forward to spending time with my family over Easter weekend. So glad that they can come over!

...I'm stoked about our church's Easter service at Qwest Field: Sunday, April 24th, 9:30 am. Be there or be....sad that you weren't!

What have you been up to this week?

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a Kirklands? They have amazing big mirrors, very reasonably priced.
    Yay for a church building, growth is exciting! Toy Story I, II and III are all darling! We don't let our kids watch much tv but we do own all 3 of these because they are precious. Wish you were closer you could come borrow the 3rd one! :)
    Have I mentioned I am jealous of your trip to Kaui? No? Ok, totally green with envy. Its good you are doing these things pre-kids! Once that happens, you replace exotic vacations with trips to the zoo. Amazing, special and fun....but your life as a young married couple will never be again what it is right now. Embrace it! Run around naked! Take spontaneous trips! Sleep in! hee hee :)
    My great grandmother made a killer strawberry rhubarb cream pie and strawberry rhubarb jelly, but alas I have neither recipe. {Sniff sniff} Happy baking! And have a great Easter, my friend! ~T

    ReplyDelete