Monday, October 25, 2010

{ Snuffly Weekend }

It’s been a quiet, cozy, snuggly weekend—one of my favorite kinds. On Saturday, Mike worked and I had brunch with a friend before brushing up on my domestic skills: vacuuming, dusting, and crock-potting. The plan was to go to a corn maze with friends at 4pm, and then everyone would come to our house for dinner. However, Mike’s persistent little cold took a nosedive, and we ended up canceling everything because (a) Mike didn’t want to infect people, and (b) it started raining, and being rained on whilst traversing a 10-acre corn maze did not sound like fun. Especially when one’s husband has become Mr. Snuffleupagus with a faucet for a nose. Ahem.

Instead, we spent the rest of the weekend doing what sick people are supposed to do: Nothing. We ate delicious slow-cooker chicken stroganoff and drank about a half gallon of hot spiced cider. We slept in on Sunday. I made cranberry-orange muffins for breakfast and started knitting a blanket for Mike. We watched TV shows. We took a three-hour nap. We ate burritos and popcorn and watched that fantastic gem of 1982 cinematography, Ivanhoe. {Suzy, Chelle, Anna, and Melody: Do you remember playing the most dramatic make-believe games after watching that at one of Chelle’s birthday parties? It’s amazing how epic and romantic and heart-rending it was then, and how…cheesy…it is twelve years later.}

We went to bed early, after having been awake for a grand total of perhaps nine hours. It was so nice to just relax. With Mike working long hours at two jobs, it’s been a really long time since we’ve had a day to do nothing. It seems there’s always a birthday party, or some type of social event, or church…always something to drag us out of the house for a few hours. Yesterday we did none of that. {We even skipped church!}

I love you, Mister. And I love getting to do a whole lot of nothin’ with you, every once in a while. But I hope you get all better really soon!

1 comment:

  1. how do I so often miss your blog....
    I hate that. I can't get it on blog reader for the life of me.. and so then on days like today I come and read and read and read...

    and am always reminded on how much I enjoy your blog. If only it would go to reader.

    yeah for painted hallways, and trips with friends, and boo to gyms... and and and....

    missed you friend.

    ReplyDelete