Thursday, June 17, 2010

{ Mike Dear }

Do you remember the Disney cartoon "Lady and the Tramp"? As a child, I must've watched it dozens of times. I loved Lady, though those wicked Siamese cats and the slut-mutt in the pound who had a crush on the tramp kind of scared me. {Slut-mutt!! Well, I never! Who comes up with these kinds of phrases to describe innocent childrens' movies? Certainly not me...} Anyhow, another of the things I love about "Lady and the Tramp" is the interaction of Lady's human owners. A young couple in love, we never see their faces, but they always refer to each other as Jim Dear and Darling. I thought that was so romantic. I dreamed of my husband calling me Darling.

Well, I don't refer to my husband exclusively as Mike Dear, he doesn't usually call me Darling {unless Babe is the 21st-century equivalent}, and we haven't got a Cocker Spaniel puppy. But he definitely makes my heart go pitter-patter in a most undignified manner. Earlier this week while I was in San Diego, I scrolled through the photos on my camera and found so many good photos of my husband, it made me miss him more than I already did. As if that's possible. Take a peek for yourself:


See? Even while waiting for the Triple XXX burger of his dreams, he's happy. Content. Dreamy. *sigh*
I kid you not: His profile literally gives me a lump in my throat, and sometimes my heart skips a beat too. I had the biggest crush on Mike from the first time I saw him. It was awfully inconvenient 'til we started dating: I'd practically fall over at group events when I looked at him.
I call this Thoughtful Entrepreneur Pose.
{Why am I writing a blog post and not sitting on his lap right now? Why?}

Those eyes. Oh, those blue, blue eyes. I have married a handsome man, yes indeedy I have!
He is also a very mischevious man. This is the grin reserved for pranks and goofiness and all manner of highfalutin' shenanigans.
{Seriously...where IS he? Mike? Babe?}

Somehow, on my birthday, Mike ended up wearing the wig and margarita glasses.
He is still so stinkin' hot.

I've gotta go find him!

1 comment:

  1. Just popping in a comment to let you know that I love your blogging! I just stumbled across you this morning during one of my occasional visits to KT's blog. And your adoration of your man is beautiful!
    I've just recently married my best friend and am loving it, also loving all the inspirational bloggers out there that encourage and inspire me to love my man and my life in a much bigger way every day :)
    So, Hello!

    ReplyDelete